Monday, March 04, 2013

FCCB Challenge Me Monday - #151

Hello Bloggers!  I am coming off of an entire weekend of crafting with a group of my friends.  It just doesn't get any better than that!  Thanks girls for a great weekend!! Hi Edie, I know you will be reading this. Love you...

Baseball season has started and it is rather bittersweet for me.  First I love baseball....I have been watching at least one of my sons play baseball for 20 years and this is our last season.  So, if I am missing off and on I am probably setting in the cold watching baseball.

This week the challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is to create something with a bird on it.  So here is my take on it:


I have been on a sheet music kick lately.  Oh well, it's really fun to work with.  I cut the bird and the cage from the French Manor cartridge.  I colored the bird with colored pencils and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the cage.  I used Bundled Sage Distress Stain to stain the seam binding.  One of my new favorite things!!!

  
 I had some left over petals from one of my card classes and decided that they would be perfect.  Waste not, want not....
my grandma used to tell me. 

Stop by FCCB and see what the rest of the design team came up with.  Some of the new design team will be inspiring you today!

Talk to you later... 


Until then...Be safe and Create!


 

14 comments:

  1. Wow Janea! This is really stunning! I love your little birdy and the papers and the birdcage are just amazing!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Beautiful Janea !!! Love all the details :) I am so jealous you had a craft weekend, wish my craft friends lived closer to me !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Janea!!! I love all of your little details - the keyhole, the coloring of your bird, the hand dyed seam binding (I LOVE to do that too) - everything about your card is stunning. I really love that sheet music you used - it's perfect for this card!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so pretty, love the bird and key. Hope you will link it up at Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party.

    Tara
    www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, is that beautiful Janea. You are one talented lady. I'm jealous you got a weekend with friends crafting. It's been awhile for me and I think I'm overdue! :-)

    Anita
    www.nitscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredible Janea, what a gorgeous bird cage, bird and the flower is just the perfect way to top it off!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful! The flowers are so stunning and I love the way the sheet music looks inside the birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so elegant. Cindy FCCB DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I love it! I would love to have a whole weekend dedicated to crafting! So jealous! I'm so excited to be on the DT, thanks for the opportunity!

    Emily (molliemugsblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful creation!! Thanks for joining us at Tara's first Linky Party over at Craftin Desert Diva's. I am a new follower. Would love for you to visit/follow me. :)

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janea, this is a work of art! Next time you should save something like this and get it published. Simply gorgeous!!!

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible story there. What occurred after?
    Thanks!

    My web site; gourmet coffee beans

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you....